Tania is an Eastern Bay of Plenty girl at heart, growing up in beautiful Kawerau. She then went to high school on Auckland’s North Shore and spent the formative years of her career working there before moving to Whangarei in 2014. Therefore, she is just as happy mucking about on the farm or in the bush, as she is shopping and enjoying a new culinary dish and matching wine at a fancy city restaurant.
Tania completed her massage studies in 2005 at NZCM, Auckland. She loved her new found Soft Tissue Therapy industry, but, still loved her occupation as a Functions & Event Manager. A little undecided as to what to do, she chose to challenge herself with a move to Wellington (where she knew absolutely no one) and see if she could build some type of client base within 3 months. If she succeeded, then this is the career path that she would choose. Well within one month she was fully booked, had a waiting list, loved it . . . and the rest is history as they say!
A contract with a regional sports team enticed her back to Auckland along with the offer to work at the Healthzone at the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health. The years spent there were incredibly valuable and cemented her love for massage and the NZ Sports industry too. Her main focus over these years was working with many National and International elite athletes across various sporting codes, with the odd pre or post surgery client thrown in.
In 2012 and 2013 she had the opportunity to share her knowledge with a teaching role thrown in the mix. Teaching Anatomy & Physiology, Clinical Reasoning and Therapeutic Massage.
Then in 2015 after working alongside Jamie for just over a year, Strength + Soul was born. . . . .
Some of Tania’s Career Highlights;
- Eating wine & cheese off the Ranfurly Shield in the team bus when North Harbour took it off Canterbury.
- Spending a few weeks working on a floating pontoon with BMW Oracle
- Hanging out for a month in Kona, Hawaii with her athletes as they took on the World Ironman Championships
- 15 years and counting as part of the Massage crew at NZ Ironman Taupo
- Seeing the blood, sweat and tears that every single athlete has put in to achieve their dreams
- Helping somebody gain a better quality of life because they are no longer in pain.
- Joining the MNZ Executive board in 2017
- Building, growing and sharing Strength + Soul with Northland.