Physiotherapy uses hands on techniques and exercise to help restore movement and function to anyone affected by an injury, disability or health condition. It is a therapy that facilitates healing and that can help you manage every day activities, and those more challenging, with greater ability and confidence.
Physiotherapy aims to assess, diagnose and treat your symptoms based on your story. Your physiotherapist may use mobilisation, manipulation, massage, acupuncture, electrotherapy or exercise to effect a change – singularly or often in combination.
Benefits of Physiotherapy include decreased pain, improved mobility, increased strength and co-ordination. Physiotherapy can also help prevent many injuries and health conditions with a proactive approach, and in working with other professionals to treat and manage your body individual to your needs.
At Strength + Soul your Physiotherapist can help with:
- Injury education and management advice
- Screening assessment of movement dysfunction or imbalance
- Postural and Breathing Education
- Joint Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Rehabilitation exercises / exercise prescription specific to your day or sport
- Onward referral to another professional based on identified needs or for further investigation if felt appropriate
Conditions Physiotherapy can help:
- Acute and Chronic pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Spinal pain
- Sport injuries
- Work place injuries
- Postural and alignment problems
- Post surgical recovery
- Prehabilitation to surgery